FROSTED VEGAN SUGAR COOKIES
These Frosted Vegan Sugar Cookies are just like the store bought ones but with cleaner ingredients and packed with protein to help stabilize your blood sugar. These cookies are perfect for any get together as they can be decorated for your needs!
- 2 1/2 cups flour + extra for rolling out dough
- 1/2 cup Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar (or sugar sub)
- 1/2 cup vegan buttery sticks 1 stick
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan buttery sticks (1 stick)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp nondairy milk
- vegan sprinkles
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients (except sugar).
- In a separate, large bowl add the sugar and butter and beat until combined.
- Add sour cream, milk, and vanilla to butter mixture and beat again until smooth.
- Add dry mixture into the wet and fold in.
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and place the chilled dough on top. Roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thick. Using a circle cookie cutter or an upside down cup, cut out circles of the dough and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Make the frosting by beating the butter until it is creamy. Add in the powdered sugar and beat until combined. Mix in the milk, adding more to your preferred consistency.
- Once the cookies are cool, frost them and immediately top with sprinkles.