1 min read
FROSTED VEGAN SUGAR COOKIES
- 2 1/2 cups flour + extra for rolling out dough
- 1/2 cup Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar (or sugar sub)
- 1/2 cup vegan buttery sticks 1 stick
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan buttery sticks (1 stick)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp nondairy milk
- vegan sprinkles
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk the dry ingredients (except sugar).
- In a separate, large bowl add the sugar and butter and beat until combined.
- Add sour cream, milk, and vanilla to butter mixture and beat again until smooth.
- Add dry mixture into the wet and fold in.
- Cover the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly flour a flat surface and place the chilled dough on top. Roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thick. Using a circle cookie cutter or an upside down cup, cut out circles of the dough and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Make the frosting by beating the butter until it is creamy. Add in the powdered sugar and beat until combined. Mix in the milk, adding more to your preferred consistency.
- Once the cookies are cool, frost them and immediately top with sprinkles.