Protein Peppermint Patty Recipe
Make your own minty candy from scratch in just a few simple steps. These babies will awaken your palate upon first bite, exposing the creamy center hidden just beneath the delectable chocolate coating. These are whole foods done right, and most would never guess they are a protein-filled treat! They are totally worth it and totally satisfying.
For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website at Steward Chicks.
2 scoop Nuzest Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
2 tablespoons cashew butter
1 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese (or vegan alternative, such as Kite Hill)
2 tablespoons date paste
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 tablespoon coconut nectar
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1. Add all ingredients to a small food processor and blend until smooth and comes together to form a ball. ¬†
2. Form dough into small balls by rolling between palms. Flatten slightly to make disc shaped patties. Place on a parchment-covered tray.
3. Coat patties with chocolate. Return to tray.
4. Place in freezer for 5 minutes to firm. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
1. Add all ingredients into a small bowl and mix to combine.
2. Use for dipping patties. (As an added bonus, the remaining topping is excellent drizzled over ice cream.)