- One batch of Protein B'Nice Cream
- Crust (see above)
- Chocolate frosting (see above)
- 1 can garbanzo beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 teaspoons alcohol free vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup date paste (Note: Paste is made by placing 1 cup pitted dates plus ¬1/2 cup warm water in a high powered blender and then blending until smooth.)
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1 scoop Smooth Vanilla Clean Lean Protein
- 1/2 cup unfattened peanut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2-1 cup almond milk
- 2 tbs coconut nectar or liquid sweetener of your choosing (such as maple syrup)
These S'more Vegan Protein Ice Cream Sandwiches are the perfect way to get a healthy ice cream sandwich reminiscent of your favorite childhood treats, but without the dairy, gluten, refined sugar or fats! It requires a multistage process… but it’s well worth it!
For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website at Steward Chicks.
1. Line a 7x11 jelly pan (or similar size) with parchment paper.
2. Add oats and flax meal to a food processor and process until it resembles a coarse flour.
3. Add the rest of the crust ingredients and mix in the food processor until combined.
4. The dough will be very thick.
5. Smooth the dough into the pan with a spatula.
6. Use a sheet of parchment paper sprayed with coconut oil to help press the dough into a flat 1/4 thick sheet. Keep in mind that the dough may not completely fill the length of the pan.
7. Place the tray in freezer.
8. Meanwhile, make chocolate frosting (see below)
1. Place peanut flour and cocoa in a small bowl.
2. Add liquid sweetener.
3. Then, slowly add milk a little at a time, stirring to incorporate until you get a smooth, thick frosting.
4. Adjust sweetness to taste.
**Sandwich Assembly Method**
1. Remove the crust from the freezer and spread the frosting over the entire sheet of dough.
2. Place the tray in the freezer again while you make Protein B'Nice Cream.
3. After the Protein B'Nice cream is made, remove the dough from the the freezer.
4. Cut the dough in half longways.
5. Spread B'Nice cream in a 1-inch layer on one side of the dough.
6. Lift the side of the dough without the B'Nice cream and place on top of B'Nice cream layer and press down slightly.
7. Wrap the layered S'More in the parchment paper and place in the freezer for at least 2 hours. (Alternatively, tastes great freshly assembled, although, a tad messy!)
8. Remove 15 minutes prior to serving.
9. When ready to serve, use a sharp knife to cut sandwiches. Enjoy!