1 min read
Protein Mac n' Cheeze
- 1 cup macaroni (or gluten-free or traditional)
- 2 1/2 cups soymilk, or other unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 serving Just Natural Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- Salt and pepper
Craving a savory, cheesy lunch or dinner? This Protein Mac N' Cheeze recipe is deliciously cheezy and decadent. Featuring Just Natural Clean Lean Protein, it's vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, and nut-free. Make it for a weeknight protein-packed dinner dish or a great potluck dish to share with friends and family at your next gathering. Ditch traditional mac and cheese and try our plant-based mac and cheeze instead. You'll wonder why you didn't try it sooner!
- Cook the pasta as per package instructions.
- In a separate medium-sized pot, stir the soy milk over low heat, slowly whisking in the nutritional yeast, onion powder, dill, white miso paste, tamari, ground paprika, turmeric, salt, and pepper.
- Once combined, slowly add the protein and whisk continuously to ensure the mixture doesn’t clump.
- Whisk over low heat for 2 more minutes until combined and smooth. NOTE: do not let it boil!
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and pour into the pot of cheeze sauce, then mix until combined. Allow the pasta to sit over low heat for another 2 minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Serving tips: add a grating of plant-based parmesan and some paprika, or fresh cracked pepper and chopped parsley.
Recipe by Eleanor Good.