This is a healthy homemade version of the popular spreads you find at the store - but with added protein to support your most intense workouts. Spread this delicious nut-free butter on toast, make a dip for your apple slices, or add to your oatmeal. Our favorite way is just one simple spoonful at a time!
For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website at Steward Chicks.
2 cups raw sunflower seeds
4 squares unsweetened baker's chocolate
1/2 - 1 tablespoon coconut nectar, per taste
2 scoops Rich Chocolate Nuzest Clean Lean Protein
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Toast sunflower seeds on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
3. Carefully transfer toasted sunflower seeds into food processor. Process on high for 5 minutes, occasionally scraping down the sides.
4. Add coconut oil and baking chocolate and continue to process until mixture is running smooth.
5. Add protein powder and sweetener. If mixture loses viscosity, add another 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil and continue to process until desired consistency.
6. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before spreading.