- 4 flax eggs (4 tbsp ground flax soaked in 1/2 cup warm water for 15 minutes)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 serving Rich Chocolate Clean Lean Protein by Nuzest
- 3 pitted dates
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 5 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Cacao nibs
This Triple Chocolate Gingerbread Protein Bars recipe is not for the faint of heart. It is a deep, rich, dark chocolate gingerbread bar for those who are not afraid of the darker side of chocolate. This holiday bar would be great paired with a cup of coffee and a cozy blanket… snuggled up with a great book by the fireplace.
For more recipes and articles on life from Marci, check out her website at www.stewardchicks.com.
- Make flax egg. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients, minus chips and nibs, to a food processor and process until well incorporated. Add 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips and combine well.
- Spread into an 8 x 8 baking dish lined with parchment. Bake 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle 1/3 cup chips over top. Let melt and spread once chips become shiny. Sprinkle with nibs. Let cool on counter for 20 minutes.
- Place in freezer for 15 minutes for topping to harden. Keep leftovers in refrigerator for up to three days.